The fracking industry is putting the squeeze on Dallas. They want to frack your children. (Update on how they plan to frack your children.)
From the Dallas Drilling Blog: THEY’RE BACK!
In a shocking move, Trinity East Energy has filed an appeal with the Dallas City Planning Commission and has won a secondary hearing scheduled for Thursday, January 10th at 1:30 pm at Dallas City Hall.
Why should Dallas parents be concerned?
Reports, emerging concerns and peer-reviewed studies link health affects to drilling and fracking activities.
- Doctors confirmed increased skin lesions in those who live near fracking.
- New study: Tiny doses of chemicals used in drilling and fracking have big health effects
- Study finds living near fracking is risky for health
- Emerging concern: Are Gas Patch residents at greater risk of heart attack?
- Breaking All the Rules: The Crisis in Oil & Gas Regulation
- New research links health problems with oil and natural gas development
- Flowback: How the Texas Natural Gas Boom Affects Health and Safety
- Impacts of Gas Drilling on Animal and Human Health
Rashes like the one on this young boy are common. His doctor told the family to “Get out of that house, now!”
Industry will tell you that I am wrong. See for yourself.
Here is another video of the same facility.
Here is a video of a Chesapeake facility venting flowback in Fort Worth right behind the Old Pancake House restaurant, off university in Fort, Worth, TX.
This video is a Devon facility on Jim Baker Road in Denton County just west of Dish, Texas.
You can see even more videos at these links. Barnett Shale: TCEQ Videos Show Fugitive Emissions and TCEQ videos show VOC emissions in Eagle Ford Shale. At this link, Dr. Colborn and TCEQ comment on what you see with the infrared technology cameras
But that’s not all. These facilities don’t just leak, they are allowed to vent toxins into the air and there is NOTHING anyone can do about it. They call them accidental and scheduled releases and no one really knows how much VOCs are released.
What you can do to stop Dallas from fracking your children.
Check the poisonous scorecard HERE to see who in Dallas wants to frack your children. Then show up at Dallas City Hall, Thursday, January 10th at 1:30 PM and tell them they can’t frack your children.
If you live in the gas patch, Someone, somewhere decides who suffers. Don’t let it be your children.