According to the preliminary report, the quake area is marked with a gray circle on the map below.
Industry will say fracking doesn’t cause earthquakes but that’s bull. See the FAQ section for more information on drilling induced earthquakes and note the Schlumberger study: Seismicity in the Oil Field.
I’m in Port Aransas and will drive home tomorrow through the Eagle Ford Shale Hell on earth.
Update: 2 Quakes tonight. One was 3.4M and one 3.1M
From my FAQ section on Earthquakes.
Does natural gas drilling cause earthquakes?
- Drilling can and has caused earthquakes. It’s just common sense.
- Fracking and Quaking: They’re Linked. And scientists, the military, and frackers themselves have known it for years.
- An industry study admits that drilling can cause earthquakes. Seismicity in the Oil Field.
- U.S. Government Confirms Link Between Earthquakes and Hydraulic Fracturing
- UK firm says shale fracking caused earthquakes
- The British Geological Society confirms their earthquake was caused by fracking.
- Recent Earthquakes “Almost Certainly Manmade”
- These diagrams were drawn by a petroleum engineer. They show how fracking can cause earthquakes
If you want to read more about drilling, fracking and earthquakes I have lots of posts under the Earthquake category.
You should take pictures of your foundation and walls and document the condition on a regular basis.