Can this be real? I have a flyer for Earth Day Texas 2015 and it lists the following speakers:
- Dan Patrick, Texas Lt. Governor-Elect – Patrick characterized the “debate” over climate change as being more or less tied between those who believe in man-made climate change and those who don’t (instead of the more than 97% of scientists who believe it is happening). “But you know, if you want a tiebreaker,” he said, “if Al Gore thinks it’s right, you know it’s wrong.” SOURCE
- Ken Paxton, Texas Attorney General-Elect – This candidate has not given us their official stance yet but voting records from OpenCongress.org show that politicians vote along party lines over 93% of the time. Based on this candidate’s party affiliation, they would most likely choose this answer based on the following stance from the Republican Party:
“Fewer Republicans today say the effects of global warming have already begun (47% 2006, 35% today) or that global warming poses a serious threat to California (57% 2006, 48% today).” SOURCE
- Joe Quinlan, Managing Director and Chief Market Strategist, U.S. Trust – Joseph Quinlan said that TTIP “is the deepest more ambitious, trade agreement that we have ever seen”. SOURCE
- Bjorn Lomborg, Author of “The Skeptical Environmentalist” – He is best known as the author of The Skeptical Environmentalist and Cool It, two books downplaying the risks of global warming. SOURCE. UPDATE: This guy is way worse than I thought! Bjorn Lomborg Think Tank Funder Revealed As Billionaire Republican ‘Vulture Capitalist’ Paul Singer
- Ryan Sitton, Texas Railroad Commissioner – Texas has the know-how to regulate its oil and gas industry, he says, and he plans to push back against the Environmental Protection Agency, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration and other federal regulators that, he says, might intrude on the state’s production. SOURCE
- Dallas City Leaders – I don’t know who this might be but, when I shared the flyer with a friend, here is the suggestion I received: Steve Everley will be in hog heaven if that’s the lineup. They should invite Ross Perot and Hunt Oil, put a big rig up in the center of the festivities, and have The FrackMaster on top of it drinking FRAC water.
With Dallas now in ‘SEVERE’ non-attainment for ozone, we need an Earth Day Texas 2015 that is truly about the Earth and clean air and a healthy environment.
The Dallas-Fort Worth area is now in “severe” nonattainment with the 1997 national ozone standard, U.S. EPA said in a proposal today. E&E News Amanda Peterka, Published: Tuesday, February 10, 2015
I think this “Screw Earth Day Texas” must be a cruel joke. I hope the real Earth Day will soon appear because this joke is killing me.
Update: I changed it to Earth Day Texas 2015 because that’s the name. It’s just held in Dallas.
About Sharon Wilson
Sharon Wilson is considered a leading citizen expert on the impacts of shale oil and gas extraction. She is the go-to person whether it’s top EPA officials from D.C., national and international news networks, or residents facing the shock of eminent domain and the devastating environmental effects of natural gas development in their backyards.
- Web |
- More Posts(5116)
What a bunch of A-Holes! I wouldn’t waste my time to attend–all I would do is laugh my behind off!
Ed Soph says
Thanks for exposing this for the green-washed fraud that it is.
War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.
Tammi Vajda says
Nothing like a heavy dose of hypocrisy with my morning coffee. What a joke these people are. Thanks for sharing.
Sounds like a perfect opportunity to round up a MASSIVE anti-polluter protest at the site of this oil and gas pep rally! Probably get some good press, while making fools of our moronic corrupt TX government….
David Corrigan says
What happened to this event? It began with such good intentions and seemed to have come unglued. You have to ask yourself who is in charge? I’ve gone online and checked it out and Ken Klaveness is the new CEO. Last year was a great event and looked on its way toward something that everyone in Texas could be proud of and since management changed or at least Ken took over the reins it appears to be one misstep after another. Do you really let your obviously green(not the good kind)press person deal with issues of this magnitude? I’m hopeful it will turn around soon and diverse speakers will come on board but really guys. What a disappointment!
I heard that they have rearranged the panels but I can’t confirm that. I heard that the main climate deniers are now speaking about the legislative attempt to take local control from Texas cities with a big government action that they claim to hate so much.