Join us Thursday, Sept. 13,
from 7:00 to 9:00 pm at
Northaven United Methodist Church on 11211 Preston Rd.
Moderated by BJ Austin, KERA Dallas
The Dallas City Council is considering several major changes to our local gas drilling ordinance. A decision concerning this issue is expected in the upcoming weeks. Come learn about the fracking process and how it will affect the region’s air and water, the economy and health of people and the environment.
- Where will fracking be located -near home, work, or play?
- Will fracking be allowed in parks and the Trinity River floodplain?
- How will fracking affect our air quality?
- Who will provide local oversight and emergency response to fracking?
- Will the public know what is in fracking fluid or kept a “trade secret?”
Sponsored by the:
League of Women Voters
Dallas• Irving • Plano• Richardson
For info, access these websites:
lwvdallas.org dallassierraclub.org greensourcedfw.org