Texas Legislature forms subcommittee to investigate earthquakes

by TXsharon on January 16, 2014

in earthquakes

Rep Keffer the Energy Resources Committee chairman has formed a new subcommittee to investigate seismicity in Texas.

I’m encouraged that Representative Keffer has responded to the public outcry but the members he chose for this committee, save for Rep. Terry Canales, have consistently voted with industry.

dave January 16, 2014 at 7:22 pm

tell the legislature to save their white wash and the tax payers money: ” USGS scientists have found that at some locations the increase in seismicity coincides with the injection of wastewater in deep disposal wells. ” http://www.usgs.gov/blogs/features/usgs_top_story/man-made-earthquakes/

fishcreekneighbor January 16, 2014 at 7:45 pm

Keffer. He said he’s Smitherman’s friend. I think we can pretty much predict the outcome of this investigatiion.
fishcreekneighbor recently posted..The Fracking BoomMy Profile

TXsharon January 16, 2014 at 7:48 pm

I kind of like Keffer. He seems way more concerned than most and he is polite and attentive to people.

WCGasette January 18, 2014 at 7:01 pm

Concern=Action?

TXsharon January 18, 2014 at 8:19 pm

I like and respect Keffer. He has done way more than the other Republicans and he is, at least, open to listening. He did file a couple of good bills last session. I perceive him as a reasonable man who can be swayed with the right evidence. I stood before the committee last session many times. He has always treated me with the utmost respect and he asked intelligent questions which is a big contrast in how Crownover, Dale and King acted. And Craddick was rude and harassed me and a couple of other women who testified.

WCGasette January 19, 2014 at 12:12 pm

Some had a very different experience just over a year ago when Rep. Keffer came to Arlington, TX (to listen to citizen concerns about the Railroad Commission) prior to the 2013 legislative session. Singing praises to oil and gas development in the Eagle Ford Shale (just after listening to issues with all of it in North TX) was not exactly a great way to end the evening.

TXsharon January 19, 2014 at 12:17 pm

We have a different perception of that night.

Tim Ruggiero January 16, 2014 at 7:57 pm

I wonder if super genius Ed Ireland will be tapped to be part of this. He has the answers to everything.

Anymous January 16, 2014 at 8:09 pm

If the RRC is involved in a situation, our tax money is being wasted. The outcome will ALWAYS side with O&G.