UPDATE: It seems we’ve had 2 quakes in N. TX today.
2.5 M 32.545°N 96.863°W depth=5.0km (3.1mi), Event ID us c000fch3
Just west of the epicenter there is quite a bit of fracking activity.
2.4 M 32.440°N 96.868°W depth=5.0km (3.1mi), Event ID us c000fcgj
Please check your foundations people! Document the condition of your foundation and walls on a regular basis.
Does natural gas drilling cause earthquakes?
- Drilling can and has caused earthquakes. It’s just common sense.
- Fracking and Quaking: They’re Linked. And scientists, the military, and frackers themselves have known it for years.
- An industry study admits that drilling can cause earthquakes. Seismicity in the Oil Field.
- U.S. Government Confirms Link Between Earthquakes and Hydraulic Fracturing
- UK firm says shale fracking caused earthquakes
- The British Geological Society confirms their earthquake was caused by fracking.
- Recent Earthquakes “Almost Certainly Manmade”
- These diagrams were drawn by a petroleum engineer. They show how fracking can cause earthquakes
- This is what happens when you pull too much matter out of the earth: Spain earthquake, drilling wells linked in new study of Lorca tragedy. (Also see subsidence above.)