UPDATE: It seems we’ve had 2 quakes in N. TX today.
2.5 M 32.545°N 96.863°W depth=5.0km (3.1mi), Event ID us c000fch3
Just west of the epicenter there is quite a bit of fracking activity.
2.4 M 32.440°N 96.868°W depth=5.0km (3.1mi), Event ID us c000fcgj
UPDATE: At 6:00 PM North Texas had another earthquake, 2.7M. That’s the third one today.
Please check your foundations people! Document the condition of your foundation and walls on a regular basis.
Does natural gas drilling cause earthquakes?
- Drilling can and has caused earthquakes. It’s just common sense.
- Fracking and Quaking: They’re Linked. And scientists, the military, and frackers themselves have known it for years.
- An industry study admits that drilling can cause earthquakes. Seismicity in the Oil Field.
- U.S. Government Confirms Link Between Earthquakes and Hydraulic Fracturing
- UK firm says shale fracking caused earthquakes
- The British Geological Society confirms their earthquake was caused by fracking.
- Recent Earthquakes “Almost Certainly Manmade”
- These diagrams were drawn by a petroleum engineer. They show how fracking can cause earthquakes
- This is what happens when you pull too much matter out of the earth: Spain earthquake, drilling wells linked in new study of Lorca tragedy. (Also see subsidence above.)
About Sharon Wilson
Sharon Wilson is considered a leading citizen expert on the impacts of shale oil and gas extraction. She is the go-to person whether it’s top EPA officials from D.C., national and international news networks, or residents facing the shock of eminent domain and the devastating environmental effects of natural gas development in their backyards.
- Web |
- More Posts(5117)
kim Feil says
“..Document the condition of your foundation and walls on a regular basis.” I rephrase that to say ”hey frackers..Document the condition of your foundation and wells (casings) on a regular basis.”
Flo B says
Hon, unless I’m mistaken, the point of this blog post is “Earthquakes” that occurred early this morning south of Dallas, TX! It’s not like we had them that much when I was growing up, so I would like to discuss that if you don’t mind. Thanks a bunch.
Hey, Flo B! Where have you been?
Flo B says
Thank you for asking, Miss Sharon. I am so ready to enjoy my retirement in Midlothian. Can’t wait. But now, today (the Lord’s Day) there’s been another three of those earthshakes. I was really enjoyin thinking about my retirement until they blew up that frackin factory not far down the road from here. Now these shakes…I may just have to stop this darn frack attack. Thank you, darlin’.