Gas leak detection job fair

by TXsharon on December 9, 2012

in Explosions, Pipelines

Detecting gas leaks could mean life or death. This important position, leak survey technician, pays $12/hour. I think we should apply.

The ideal candidate should meet the following requirements:

1. Live within Weatherford, Mineral Wells, Graham and surrounding areas.

Submitted by long-time, loyal reader and fracking victim.

The link is HERE.

William Huston December 9, 2012 at 7:58 pm

Hah, excellent. I’ve added it here (which is supposed to be satire)

david December 9, 2012 at 8:36 pm

Pipelines leak? Really I’m shocked to hear this.

GhostBlogger December 10, 2012 at 6:44 am

Duct tape comes in handy here. Elizabeth Burns showed ExxoMobil using it for a produced water pipeline leak “fix”.

GhostBlogger December 11, 2012 at 4:31 pm
Anonymous December 9, 2012 at 11:03 pm

Why the TCEQ doesn’t even concern it self with methane that is emitted to the air. Any amount methane is OK with them.

GhostBlogger December 9, 2012 at 11:23 pm

Most utilities & pipelines are far from broke. yet, life safety is at risk here.

Then, a related gem:

El Paso Gas Pipeline Controller Interview

Posted Jan 18, 2010

Accepted Offer – Interviewed in Houston, TX Aug 2008 – Reviewed Jan 18, 2010

Interview Details – The department manager looked at the resume I sent in with my application and called and asked me to come in for an interview. I went in prepared to sell myself. I had a portfolio and everything. None of it was ever looked at. I was never asked a single question outside of “what do you think of our gym?” I was told what the job was, had the schedule explained to me, met some people around the office, and went home. That night I was offered the job. So were 3 other people. There is a 80% turnover rate in the department…

GhostBlogger December 9, 2012 at 11:31 pm

Note that pipeline controllers have caused, or made worse, many pipeline accidents, by errors made! Also very life critical.

TXsharon December 9, 2012 at 11:57 pm

Wow!

Andy Mechling December 11, 2012 at 12:52 am

It’s still not clear to me: Do these positions include life insurance?
Severance perhaps?

GhostBlogger December 11, 2012 at 4:36 pm

“These must be the quality jobs the natural gas industry keeps talking about.”

Ha!