Photo: 5000 Marchers to Stop the Frack Attack

Marchers

This photo shows some of the marchers at the Stop the Frack Attack National Worldwide Rally in DC last Saturday. The photo shows one block, the marchers stretched four blocks. Many people who attended the rally did not feel up to the march due to the extreme heat.

Photo by Hendrik Voss

People from 30 states including, but not limited to Oregon, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Ohio, New York, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Colorado, Texas, Arkansas, New Mexico, New Jersey, Idaho, North Carolina, California and even a delegation from Australia, traveled at their own expense to let our leaders know they must STOP THE FRACK ATTACK on American citizens.

Although there was no mainstream media coverage of the event, plenty of MSM was in attendance and conducted interviews and videoed the entire march.

Lack of MSM coverage won’t deter us. We will become the media.

About Sharon Wilson

Sharon Wilson is considered a leading citizen expert on the impacts of shale oil and gas extraction. She is the go-to person whether it’s top EPA officials from D.C., national and international news networks, or residents facing the shock of eminent domain and the devastating environmental effects of natural gas development in their backyards.

Comments

1. David says

I’m surprised the Pro-Polluter media [EID types] didn’t show up and try to make the fractivist look bad.

2. Fracking Crazy says

I am so proud of everyone for taking the time to go to DC to make a difference.

I appreciate your efforts so much.

Thank You for being my voice and standing up to make a difference.

I think ‘tricky mitt’ will be ignoring this, the best he can, he favors fundraisers organized by the Koch Bros dirty money.

3. Dax says

I was there to learn something – not to push my views. When i left around 3right before the march there were prob a couple thousand people, if you count the Asian tourists visiting the Capitol. Nice group for the most part. Got a little scarry for my 3yr old when some crazy occupy people on drugs started yelling at us. A bit militaristic, especially when the african american gentleman began leading chants. Though i havent been to many ralleys so this may be the most effective way to fire up the crowd.

• says

Interesting, I was right up at the front with the people leading the chants and I did not hear anything scary or see an “african american gentleman.”

What makes you think anyone was on drugs? I did not see anyone on drugs and I was marching part of the time with the occupy people right behind me.

• Alma Hasse says

Sharon,

I agree wholeheartedly. Tina and I were marching right alongside with the Occupy guys/gals for quite some time. In fact, we were very appreciative of their efforts, they kept the energy up and the chants going! Nothing they did was out of the ordinary, and I didn’t see ANY indication that ANYONE was on drugs. Unless of course you count Advil in the drug category– in that case, I’m guilty– my plantar fasciitis was killing me!

4. Anonymous says

Forget about the worth of the MSM–they are out to sell news, not to inform the public. That’s why we all depend on your excellent site to help inform us of what is going on–Thanks TxSharon–keep up the good work.

5. Alexa says

Thanks TxSharon for all of your efforts. And thanks also to those who marched Saturaday. It must have been really hot and humid. I wish I had been there. This movement will surely grow as the damage grows. The dire situation that many of us find ourselves in due to the ‘friggin frackers’ is incentive enough for me and many of us in Texas to keep fighting these fascist cowboy drillers.

6. Alma Hasse says

Hey Sharon!

Democracy Now has a small blurb here: http://www.democracynow.org/2012/7/30/headlines/thousands_protest_fracking_in_dc_rally

The commentary begins right at 11:00 into the segment. Thank goodness they covered it– or I would have to had hung my head in complete shame at our so-called media!

We were traveling with a freelance journalist from here in Idaho, Blair Koch. It will be interesting to see if she can find an outlet for her story…

Thanks for all of your hard work. I know you were quite the busy bee behind the scenes and WE APPRECIATE YOU!!!

Alma

• says

I have a list of media coverage. There is actually quite a bit that I will post here later. I regret that we didn’t have more time to hang out.

• Alma Hasse says

Well, we’ll just have to rectify that next year Sharon! It was terrific to finally get to meet one of my heroes though!

Thanks again for everything you do Sharon! You’re a real inspiration to the rest of us!

Alma

7. says

I was bouncing all over D.C., and I did see a few homeless people, and did come across several who were arguing amongst themselves. I was at the rally all day, and was all over the grounds taking pictures and talking to as meany as I could. There were a few tourists around, but I never saw anyone that was ‘on drugs’ or anyone chanting.

If Industry was lurking amongst us, then I’d have to say they must be the low people on the totem pole or drew the short straw, having to endure the high heat and humidity.

I was actually hoping to have quite a few from Industry around. Unlike them, none of us that were there have anything to hide.

• Alma Hasse says

Tim!

Another one of my heroes that I had the pleasure of finally “officially” meeting!

There were a couple of people who set my radar off– and I think Blair, the reporter traveling with Tina and I, has uncovered some useful information on one of them. I’m sure we’ll be hearing more shortly..

Thanks for all of your hard work and effort Tim! I know you and Sharon were ultra busy behind the scenes– and there are a bunch of us (5,000 or so) who really, REALLY appreciate the both of you!

8. Leonard Huff III says

Hi Sharon,

Glad everyone had a good time and make it back safe. It looks like there will be more of these events for ya’ll (good Texas talk) in the future.

See you later. I have a early A.M. I don’t have the Karma(luck) to win the lottery, so off to work I go.
    Old well.