Goodbye natural gas you dirty boy! It’s over between us!

by TXsharon on November 29, 2011

in Alternative energy, sustainability

Little by little, I am saying goodbye to that naughty, nasty natural gas. When I moved off the shale, I contracted for electricity that comes 100% from wind and solar. Next week I am having a wood burning stove installed that should heat my entire home. Today, I’m cooking with solar.

I cannot ethically morally sit here in my untouched-by-drilling surroundings and contribute to the suffering of people who live in the Gas Patch. And neither can you!

We cannot allow entire areas of our populace to be sacrificed so we can maintain a lifestyle that is not sustainable without great suffering. We ARE better people than that. We MUST be better people than that.

UPDATE: Global Sun Oven

UPDATE 2: Delicious!

Mike H. November 29, 2011 at 5:00 pm

While some may roll their eyes at this, Texans better start thinking along these lines more often:

Note that reliability issues=HIGH electricity costs!

The NERC is not a bunch of idiots, either.

TXsharon November 29, 2011 at 5:12 pm

Yes, that’s another reason to think about sustainability. I can’t wait until I get my new zero emissions wood burning stove next week. That way I can stay warm and fed even when the power goes off.

Anonomous November 29, 2011 at 8:19 pm

These new high energy low emission wood stoves are really good. Much better than an old timy fire place. I have 4 of these wood stoves, use only one most of the time. Oh I’m still being ripped off by the so called “propane”, LPG. Ha.

fear of driving November 29, 2011 at 9:29 pm

The usage of renewable energy is really a big advantage for our daily living. It is very cheap option and there is no need for us to worry the hazards that it would bring to our environment.

Libby November 30, 2011 at 10:49 pm

God that stew makes me salivate! Im still stuck with the LPG myself!
Cheers
Libby

Mike H. December 1, 2011 at 3:24 pm

ERCOT warns of possible rolling blackouts this winter, next summer: