And the beat goes on…
On April 3rd I posted about how Aruba Petroleum continues to cause health problems for Barnett Shale residents and I included quite a few photographs as evidence.
Within minutes after Aruba started venting these toxics, one neighbor had a massive nosebleed and others had intense rashes and blinding headaches.
The TCEQ investigated this incident and guess what they found.
“Investigation conducted on 04/02/2011 resulted in no violations found, please reference investigation # 922207.”
This weekend, there was another incident at Aruba’s Wright Lease 6H. The landowners saw black smoke coming from the flare on that property.
- The landowner called Aruba at 6 AM. (I have no idea why this particular landowner continues to call Aruba first which only gives them time to hide the evidence.)
- The landowner called a neighbor, Lisa Parr, who called 911 and the TCEQ.
- 911 Dispatch told Lisa the fire department is closed on the weekend. ???
- The Parr family left the area because they got sick with headaches and rashes.
- The TCEQ finally showed up at 8:30 PM.
Of course, by the time TCEQ arrived, any toxics in the air were long gone. They did confirm that Aruba shut off the flare which probably means the emission were escaping and that is likely what caused people to get sick.
Can anyone explain to me why Aruba is allowed to continue to operate?