I think I’ll have t-shirts made.
I don’t know all the deep dark Argyle history but I do know some recent dark history. And I know when I see adults behaving badly.
Admittedly, the new mayor, Matt, is confused about some of the procedures and ordinances and I think he may have overreacted when he was refused information and access to an office where he can meet with constituents, but the council members, except for the newly elected council member, David Wintermute, are openly hostile toward the new mayor. I mean seething with hostility and condescension. I don’t know how he did it, but Matt kept his cool and never lost his temper. I wish I could say the same about myself.
I’m going to make a few quick points because I have to rush out to yet another meeting.
- Matt has plenty of intellect to do the job.
- Matt wants an office in the town council building that cost the taxpayers over $2 million where he can meet with constituents after working hours. I don’t know about you, but I don’t find that an unreasonable request. Some on the council could not understand–where actually horrified to consider–why constituents can’t meet earlier in the day. [out of touch much?]
- Matt wants access to the financial records.
- Joey, refused to shake Matt’s hand yet he admonished Matt and the citizens in the audience about getting along and playing nicely. Some in the audience loudly suggested that he shake hands with Matt and he responded, “Never.”
- Joey was really hung up on what Matt does for a living and why he can’t meet constituents at his house instead of in an office.
- My mother always told me not to roll my eyes or make faces because my face might get stuck that way. I guess Bonnie, Jackie and Donna didn’t get that lesson. (We have video.)
- Not since junior high have I seen women behave so immaturely and unprofessionally.
- It is possible, as Matt suggested, to actually put stuff on the website thereby giving less of an impression of secrecy. Ever heard of pdf files?
There is so, so much more but I’m have promises to keep…
Lots of video HERE. Although I endured the entire meeting yesterday, I had to watch the videos to see if it really was that bad. It was.