Our water is fracked to the max!
Carcinogenic hexavalent chromium, the “Erin Brockovich chemical” was found in the tap water of 31 cities out of a total of 35 tested by The Environmental Working Group. The scientists estimate that at least 74 million people in the USA in 42 states regularly drink chromium-tainted water, and a considerable proportion of it is in the carcinogenic hexavalent form.
Top five cities tested:
- Norman, Oklahoma, population – 89,952 – Hexavalent chromium level 12.9 ppb
- Honolulu, Hawaii: population – 661,004 – Hexavalent chromium level 2.00 ppb
- Riverside, California, population – 280,832 – Hexavalent chromium level 1.69 ppb
- Madison, Wisconsin, population – 200,814 – Hexavalent chromium level 1.58 ppb
- San Jose, California, population – 979,000 – Hexavalent chromium level 1.34 ppb
Full Report (login required)