Where: Denton County Courts Building, Third Floor, 1450 E. McKinney St., Denton, Texas 76209
Courtroom of the Honorable Margaret Barnes, 367th Judicial District Court Judge
Note: This is a DIFFERENT LOCATION than on messages prior to 9/13/10.
When: Friday, September 17, 2010
Time: 9:30 am (be there by 9:15 am)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you want an FMDF t-shirt (red shirt with image shown on front) – suggested donation to Flower Mound Defense Fund $30. Sizes remaining: M, L, XL
If you wear a t-shirt, whether a plain red t-shirt or an FMDF t-shirt, remember to wear a button-down shirt or a jacket over it; we want to be sure to maintain decorum in the courtroom.
A Denton County judge will decide on September 17th on the Town’s claim of governmental immunity. If the citizens prevail, the case will move forward to court on October 6th.
– Two Flower Mound citizens filed suit against the Town of Flower Mound on July 29th:
- to determine if Flower Mound’s Oil & Gas Ordinance is valid,
- to determine if the Town’s ordinances are being properly applied, and
- to request a permanent injunction against the Town so they couldn’t administratively approve Titan’s application to drill on Hilliard Field (on 2499 south of Flower Mound Rd.).
– The Town administratively approved the Hilliard Field permit on August 26th, despite controversy over interpretation of the Town’s ordinance.
Show your support and attend the hearing on September 17th.
For more info, and/or to donate to the Flower Mound Legal Defense Fund, go to http://FMDF.fmshares.com