I guess this is as close as we’re going to get to a debate.
The questions/issues addressed are:
- Competing Credentials
- What changes would you like to see at the Railroad Commission?
- Lack of oil & gas inspectors (Texas has BY FAR the most drilling and BY FAR the worse regulation)
- Should the RRC regulate air emissions?
- Balancing environmental regulation with economic growth.
- Reaching out to the Railroad Commission.
NOTE TO BOTH CANDIDATES: Better communication is a start but it’s a damn weak start. What we really need is action and a commission that puts people’s health, safety and welfare before industry profit. If you can’t do that then I echo what a frequent anonymous commenter says: