This is a new blog feature.
Texas Republican Party Platform:
- We oppose government restrictions such as windfall profits and severance taxes, and regulations that restrict construction of refineries, power grids and location of gas and oil drilling, or mandating alternative fuel use for vehicles.
- We support an immediate end to the deep water drilling moratorium in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico
- the state should not abridge or deny our inalienable property and mineral rights. (Is it just me or does one often conflict with the other? How does Rule 37 play out here?)
- the development of Texas’ abundant and low carbon footprint natural gas resources with environment-compatible technologies in the transition period from fossil fuels to renewable energy sources;
- the reduction and remediation of all forms of pollution from power generation
- state minimum standard distances as a requirement for oil & gas wells, collection, and condensate tanks in relation to schools, hospitals, parks, and other vulnerable community locations.
I’ve heard rumblings from the Flower Mound Shiloh folks about a statewide ordinance that would replace city ordinances and that was echoed HERE.
Some drilling advocates have called for replacing city ordinances with a statewide drilling ordinance.