Several weeks ago I posted about a mysterious cattle kill in Palo Pinto County. 15 cattle suddenly died. Water contaminated with drilling toxins was mentioned in the news articles.
The owner is not happy with findings of Texas A&M
“Nobody is going to do anything,” he said angrily.
“The Railroad Commission is not going to do anything. Does it take killing a kid to get someone off their butt?” he asked of possible poisons entering other water supplies through runoff. LINK
An article in Lake Country Sun, “Problems with agencies,” says traces to barium and chloride were found in the water testing. Both are by products of drilling.
In the meantime, the Wilfong family struggles alone, fighting a bureaucracy steeped in what appears to be cronyism and big bucks.
About Sharon Wilson
Sharon Wilson is considered a leading citizen expert on the impacts of shale oil and gas extraction. She is the go-to person whether it’s top EPA officials from D.C., national and international news networks, or residents facing the shock of eminent domain and the devastating environmental effects of natural gas development in their backyards.
- Web |
- More Posts(5116)
"Does it take killing a kid to get someone off their butt?" – 11 died in the Gulf and we can't get a *Temporary* halt in place, what do you think?
We may need a TEA PARTY or "teed off" party to get Texas back on track.
Forget about A&M–and I'm an Aggie, no help from that BBO org.
Also, no help from the crooked and corrput RRC and the WCEQ. No help. All we can do in Tx., is RUN. RUN, RUN, RUN. RUN from Tx. That's one RUN for each point in the Tx Star!
The RRC is only a Lapdog organization. It will not help ordinary citizens. It will only help O&G.
I know of 3 cows in Wise county that died of pulmonary edema, per the vet" and guess what. Aruba had a black pipe running from the well site on Fossil Ridge into the tank the cattle were drinking from.
Three healthy nursing cows within less than 48 hours died a horrible death. I am sure it had nothing to do with Aruba because they have such a good track record in the community for their drilling practices.
Oh wait, after the cattle died they started dumping in Denton Creek and a lot of fish died.
I am sure that is purely coincidental.
Anonymous 1:10 pm: Teenagers have died at sites with condensate tanks. The Texas RailRoad Commission has, (or use to have) on their site a prgram to "Educate Your Teens on Gas Drilling." I guess it needs to be put in the school curriculum. As far as children/teens becoming sick from contaminated air, water or both…ALL the powers at be will say "Prove it!"
John Coby says
Welcome to Texas. You wanted less government, you got less government.