Benzene in Denton Creek Watershed from Aruba Petroleum Barnett Shale Gas Well

The pictures in the following video were taken at an Aruba Petroleum Barnett Shale gas well.

Tests show the following chemicals:

TCEQ says to call TRC.

TRC says to call TCEQ.

SOS to EPA!

About Sharon Wilson

Sharon Wilson is considered a leading citizen expert on the impacts of shale oil and gas extraction. She is the go-to person whether it’s top EPA officials from D.C., national and international news networks, or residents facing the shock of eminent domain and the devastating environmental effects of natural gas development in their backyards.

Comments

1. Brown Bess says

Xylene ain't exactly spring water either, and at these levels might qualify as toxic waste – you know, if it was regulted.

2. Anonymous says

With Congress investigating, this has got to get better soon. SOS to Dr Al-has anyone ever been more in the right place for the right time?

3. Anonymous says

I had an appraiser tell me once, "Gas drilling will never affect property values and there is no study or proof to say otherwise." I would agree with the "there is no study." So maybe this should be listed as an "amenity".

4. Another Concerned Citizen says

I just keep scratching my head and think, how do they just keep getting away with this type of activity?
    It should be a crime.

5. David McFatridge says

Denton Creek flows into Grapevine Lake which is the water source for the city of Grapevine. Has anyone contacted the city of Grapvine about this toxic dumping going on up stream? or the local Grapvine news paper? Just an idea…

6. Anonymous says

I understand, although I'm certain I have not put as much time into this as you have, I certainly can relate. It is important we have a symphony of testing saying the same thing, and not a solo by Wolf Eagle. They can't marginalize everyone and the more professional firms that come up with this type of testing, the better.