Nice try TCEQ but something is stinky about your air study in Fort Worth.
- This test was conducted in a rush after the previous appearance by a TCEQ representative at Council resulted in a stern lecture by Mikey. This performance appeared to serve two purposes 1) send a message to the public that results were important to him, and 2) they better be the “right” results.
- Because of the rush TCEQ had to conduct the tests in the winter time (very convenient)
- One day before the testing began in Fort Worth (Dec. 14, 2009) a TCEQ spokesperson admitted at a public meeting in DISH, TX that they didn’t know how and didn’t have funding or equipment to do these tests in DISH and would therefore have the tests done by industry for DISH.
- This had also been previously admitted in September by TCEQ.
- So who did the tests in Fort Worth on Dec 15, 16, and 17 and who paid for them?
- Why wasn’t the public told this information?
- How many of the 126 pad sites “tested” were actually producing gas at the time the “tests” were done?
- For the 8 sites at which actual air samples were taken and tested why were the samples taken at the fence line at ground level? (The plume originating at the tank vents does not disperse close to the tank, and the video showed it hovering in a layer about 20 ft above ground.)
- The freezing point of benzene is about 42 degees Fahrenheit.*
- What was the temperature at the time/place of the tests?
* The recorded Forth Worth temperatures for the dates, according to the weather channel website were:
These air temperatures for the 15th and the16th would be way low for there to be any appreciable liquid benzene in a tank that sat quietly all night. However, there is no way for us to know now what the temperature of the liquid coming into the tank was if production was occurring.
~Really smart person
I’ll take full credit for this next part:
Today my favorite guy sent out an EDuKaShUn email. He wanted you to know that benzene is in soft drinks and the Big Gas Mafia Wise Guys are making sure they are complying with the TCEQ rules.
And he wants to make sure you all buy a natural gas powered vehicle so you can drive yourself to those cancer treatments in style.