Lately I’ve been too busy for my blog, but last week I received an email with information about a benzene symposium. I tried to let it go especially since it’s already been adequately covered in blogdom.
Look who is protecting their interest by organizing a symposium about benzene:
- ExxonMobil Biomedical Sciences, Annandale, NJ, USA
- Dow Chemical Company, Midland, MI, USA (that’s Schlumberger)
- Shell Chemical LP, Houston, TX, USA
- American Petroleum Institute, Washington, DC, USA
And the sponsors are:
- American Petroleum Institute
- The Oil Companies’ European Association for Environment, Health and Safety in Refining and Distribution
Here’s one of the sessions:
Ensuring comparability of benzene exposure estimates across three nested case-control studies in the petroleum industry in support of a pooled analysis.
D. Glass, Monash University, Australia
I think a pooled analysis sounds like a great idea but I bet those organizing industries didn’t!
The list of participants starts on page 17 and reads like the Who’s Who of oil and gas.