Some Arlington residents say a nearby gas well is making them sick
“I could step out of my door and go into intense migraines,” said DenBraber, who said her reaction to the fumes has been less intense this year.
Of course industry and apologists are saying the claims are unsubstantiated.
Clearly, Big Oil is using Big Tobacco’s play book.
- Keep ingredients and chemicals used top secret
- Claim there is no proof that hydraulic fracturing caused the over 300 documented cases of perfectly good water that suddenly became contaminated after drilling in the area.
- Claim there is no proof that all the smog in the Barnett Shale area is caused by drilling despite a peer reviewed study.
- Intimidate detractors
- Throw in an occasional death threat
- Hand out large sums of cash to victims as long as they sign a non-disclosure agreement.
Penny Green, who has rented a home on Ray Street since 2004, said she and her three children have suffered from headaches since drilling began. She said she has also called 911 to report flaring from the site.
Green said she has not received compensation for the drilling and is looking forward to it ending.
Despite all the recent evidence that natural gas wells endanger public health and safety, all Denton City County members except Charlye Heggins, voted to allow Range Resouces to drill only a few hundred feet from a city park, a neighborhood and a hospital.
Months of passionate debate capped off by council’s 6-1 decision
About Sharon Wilson
Sharon Wilson is considered a leading citizen expert on the impacts of shale oil and gas extraction. She is the go-to person whether it’s top EPA officials from D.C., national and international news networks, or residents facing the shock of eminent domain and the devastating environmental effects of natural gas development in their backyards.
- Web |
- More Posts(5116)
NO ONE CARES
No help from the WP's (WP=Worthless Politician)
there were quite a few people at the protest. more people are waking up.