“I could step out of my door and go into intense migraines,” said DenBraber, who said her reaction to the fumes has been less intense this year.
- Keep ingredients and chemicals used top secret
- Claim there is no proof that hydraulic fracturing caused the over 300 documented cases of perfectly good water that suddenly became contaminated after drilling in the area.
- Claim there is no proof that all the smog in the Barnett Shale area is caused by drilling despite a peer reviewed study.
- Intimidate detractors
- Throw in an occasional death threat
- Hand out large sums of cash to victims as long as they sign a non-disclosure agreement.
Penny Green, who has rented a home on Ray Street since 2004, said she and her three children have suffered from headaches since drilling began. She said she has also called 911 to report flaring from the site.
Green said she has not received compensation for the drilling and is looking forward to it ending.
Despite all the recent evidence that natural gas wells endanger public health and safety, all Denton City County members except Charlye Heggins, voted to allow Range Resouces to drill only a few hundred feet from a city park, a neighborhood and a hospital.
Months of passionate debate capped off by council’s 6-1 decision