What a week of fracking moving and shaking in the Barnett Shale! Here’s a quick recap:
- We had 2 more fracking drilling induced earthquakes
- This happens more that you think: Drilling Contamination Spreads as Polluter’s Bankruptcy Looms When it’s time to pay the piper for damages, industry declares bankruptcy, regroups and starts another company thereby avoiding any frackng responsibility.
- Lots of horsetrading happening right now! Most Texans know the main by-product from anything associated with horses.
- Flaring and venting of Barnett Shale wells are not necessary no matter what the fracking Chesapeake man says.
- There is an URGENT call for current and former DISH–formerly Clark–Texas residents to complete and submit this health survey due to the “Amazing and very high levels” of toxics found in the ambient air study.
Acute impacts to health will occur with these concentrations of chemicals in the air. The cancer and neurotoxins will also have an impact over the long term.
- We’re all DISH, TX now! Another air quality study show toxins that exceed state allowed levels. How many studies will it take before we realize we’ve been Deep Dished and Deep Sixed!
- Natural Resources Defense Council blogged about us and our contaminated air. Yet another analysis of air near oil and gas operations finds hazardous air pollutants.
About Sharon Wilson
Sharon Wilson is considered a leading citizen expert on the impacts of shale oil and gas extraction. She is the go-to person whether it’s top EPA officials from D.C., national and international news networks, or residents facing the shock of eminent domain and the devastating environmental effects of natural gas development in their backyards.
- Web |
- More Posts(5116)
Excellent summary, Sharon! Thanks!