In the Marcellus Shale after Cabot fractured some gas wells, suddenly methane was found in people’s water wells. One of the wells blew up and threw the concrete lid up into the air. (I made a prediction in that post about the outcome of the investigation.)
Investigation conducted to see if the methane contamination was caused by the hydraulic fracturing.
Conclusion: Because they found no frack fluid in the water, water contamination was not caused by hydraulic fracturing.
OK. My logic meter is buried way deep in the WTF column.
- water fine.
- hydraulic fracture of shale to release gas.
- gas now in water
- gas in water is same as gas in shale
- hydraulic fracture not cause of gas in water
How the hell does anybody buy this bullshit?
- Wouldn’t the methane travel up through the fractures faster than the frack fluid?
- If so, wouldn’t it make sense that the methane would show up before and possibly way before the frack fluid?
- If so, isn’t it premature to absolve Cabot of responsibility? Especially considering that HB 7231 is pending and would remove the exemption of frack chemicals from monitoring by EPA under the SWDA? BINGO! SEE?