Lon Burnam filed six bills to help victims of the shale:
- HB 1533 requires the Texas Railroad Commission to notify certain elected officials upon receipt of gas drilling permit applications in Tarrant County
- HB 1534 requires natural gas production and pipeline companies to disclose property appraisal, damage estimate, and other relevant appraisals in condemnation procedures.
- HB 1535 lays out a new process for pipeline companies to apply for and receive a permit from the Texas Railroad Commission before condemning property for pipeline construction.
- HB 1536 repeals eminent domain authority for subsidiary pipeline companies in the construction of gathering and transmission lines in Tarrant County
- HB 1537creates a new series of rules including setback requirements for gathering and transmission lines in Tarrant County
- HB 1538 authorizes Tarrant County and municipalities in the county to regulate pipeline safety.
Wendy Davis filed three bills to help victims of the shale:
- S.B. 752 Gives More Local Control over Drilling Waste Disposal/Injection Wells. it requires injection well operators who dispose of oil and gas waste to use deep formations.
- S.B. 902 requires operators to use “green completions” to reduce the amount of air pollution — mostly methane — that is released before wells are hooked up to a pipeline.
- S.B. 686 requires the TXDOT to allow gas gathering lines in state highway rights-of-way
About Sharon Wilson
Sharon Wilson is considered a leading citizen expert on the impacts of shale oil and gas extraction. She is the go-to person whether it’s top EPA officials from D.C., national and international news networks, or residents facing the shock of eminent domain and the devastating environmental effects of natural gas development in their backyards.
- Web |
- More Posts(5116)
This is all just minor help. What we need is a “Live On the Land” law which protects residents. I am particularly against the S. B. 686–wonder what Lady Bird Johnson Would say about such foolishness!! Typical WP actiity. (WP = Worthless Politicians)
I agree for the most part. What we need is to find another energy source that is not so dangerous to people who “Live On the Land.”