I don’t know if this is media bias or just laziness, but this journalist didn’t do a thorough job of reporting on this race so I’ll help him out.
- Kelley Shannon glossed over Cornyn’s Big Bad John blunder – a mistake that became a NATIONAL story
- Rick Noriega has been consistently gaining in the polls (Texas Lyceum, Rasmussen), despite Cornyn’s cash advantage. Cornyn is consistently under 50% – a dangerous place for an incumbent to be.
- While Rick did a Ustream on Tuesday with Texans, where was Cornyn? Oh yes! He was tasting wine in Washington. (“On Tuesday,
lobbyists feted Sen. John Cornyn (Texas) with a wine tasting to benefit his re-election” – Roll Call) and about 400 people joined Rick’s Ustream! (While John Cornyn hung out with his Washington special interest cronies)
- Oh and don’t forget about Cornyn’s mishaps
- Hurricane Dolly emails and his spokesman’s heated interaction with the Chronicle
- Cornyn’s Iran mishap and
- The most egregious omission, David Beckwith – who we still don’t know whether he broke the law!
Cornyn is scared – that’s why he keeps attacking Rick Noriega. He never seems to be in Texas. Does he even have a public schedule for his appearances?