Get ready Cowtown!
Five families were forced to stay in hotels overnight because of the explosion. The Bainbridge Fire Department said people were calling, complaining of a smell of smoke inside the home on English Drive.
The fire department arrived to find the side of the house blown off. Two elderly people who were staying with their son were living there. The fire department thinks methane gas seeping under the ground, possibly from a gas well is to blame.
Nearby homes were evacuated and the families were forced out because the gas was leaking into the water wells and into their homes.
No one was hurt, but there is no word how long the people will be out of their homes.
A gas well is being built at the end of the cul-de-sac and is almost complete.
The workers will have to flush the storage and water lines to make sure the situation is safe