I am deeply ashamed for all Texans that we have such a sorry Senator as John Cornyn. I don’t know how much lower he can go. While Texans die in Iraq, he wastes time in the Senate over a newspaper ad. SUPPORT OUR TROOPS condemn a newspaper ad.
Here are the things the Senate didn’t condemn:
- Manufacturing and manipulating intelligence to lie America into war.
- Not providing adequate body armor.
- Outing an undercover CIA officer.
- Spying on Americans illegally, then lying about it.
- Unleashing a sectarian civil war that’s killed half a million people.
- Firing honest United States Attorneys because they refused to be political hacks.
- Shooting one’s friend in the face and then obstructing the investigation.
- Turning a male prostitute into a conservative reporter and then planting him in the White House press corps.
- Ignorning a Presidential Daily Brief that warned of a coming domestic terrorist attack.
- Ignoring the recommendations of the 9/11 Commission.
- Ignoring the recommendations of the Baker-Hamilton Commission.
- Trashing the service record of a deocrated Vietnam combat veteran.
- Sitting on one’s ass while a major American city was drowning.
My dear friend Testvet weighs in: The Senate pissed this NCO off today Move On my ass There are some excellent comments from Iraq veterans and from soldiers in the field.
And it wasn’t Move On that invented General Betrayus, it was the troops themselves.
I’m so mad I’m going to give Move On money right now!
And I’m not finished yet.
The simple fact is that we were just stomped on and thrown under the bus. Over 20 Democrats agreed with a unified republican caucus that you and I and 3.2 million MoveOn members are dirty scumbags for questioning a sock-puppet of a general that spouted lie after propagandistic lie. Repeating: our friends just punched us in the gut and kicked us in the nuts.