How do a group of political bloggers find each other in a large, rowdy crowd of people?
Simple. Just look for some nerd carrying a computer.
A few of us met this evening for some beer and conversation.
George Nassar, The Texas Blue
Machelle, North Texas Liberal
and a friend from work
Of course the computer had to come out sooner than later so George could show off his latest creation, a slick looking new political website.
Vince, Capitol Annex finally found us after taking the scenic route X 10.
Tomorrow Vince will give a Farm Project presentation from
10:00 AM – 12:00 Noon
at the North Branch Library
in Denton, Texas
The presentation will give information on political blogging, how to recruit candidates in your county and how to campaign for a local office.
About Sharon Wilson
Sharon Wilson is considered a leading citizen expert on the impacts of shale oil and gas extraction. She is the go-to person whether it’s top EPA officials from D.C., national and international news networks, or residents facing the shock of eminent domain and the devastating environmental effects of natural gas development in their backyards.
- Web |
- More Posts(5117)
Lindsay Perrin says
My name is Lindsay Perrin, and I’m working for a national battle of the bands competition. We’re looking to hire three part time $12/hour music marketing reps in Denton. I found on the web that your blog was located in Denton so I thought you may be able to help me out with some contacts of people that would be interested in the position.
Below are more details. Please send me an email if you know anyone in the Denton area that might be interested!
Paid Music Marketing Rep for Battle of the Bands contest
Do you love local music and visit venues to check out new talent? Then this gig is for you!
Olympia Media Group is hiring three Promotional Representatives in your area to promote the nationwide Battle of the Bands contest.
An ideal Promotional Representative candidate is one that knows the local music scene, knows the best venues to visit and promote the contest, as well as having connections in the music community.
Promotion responsibilities include:
– Posting approximately 400 posters at various locations to promote contest entries
– Seeking out various types and genres of bands to enter the contest
– Visiting and building relationships with various venues and networking throughout the music community
– Tracking band interactions and postings along with photos
– Weekly Skype meeting with Promotions Manager
– $12/hour for 12 hours a week (3 nights at 4 hours per night, primarily weekends)
– Venue cover charges (up to a certain amount/week) are covered
– Chance to win a free trip to see the winner of the contest live in St. Louis
– June 11 – July 16
– More available openings Wed. -Sat. nights (when bands typically play)
– Must have a car
– Must be 21
– Camera (or higher quality phone)