Massive quantities of methane, the most powerful GHG, boiling into our atmosphere for the next six months is just exactly what we need since the month of March has seen unprecedented heat and temperatures.
- A four-mile exclusion zone has been set up around the Elgin Total platform
- Texan ‘Hellfighters’ who tackled the Deepwater Horizon disaster have reportedly been called in
- Shell has also pulled out workers from nearby rigs
- The leak could take six months to fix because of the huge pressure produced by the well below the North Sea
- Total’s share price drops by 5% as they scramble to solve the crisis
By Martin Robinson
PUBLISHED: 03:18 EST, 27 March 2012 | UPDATED: 10:36 EST, 27 March 2012
There is a video.
Oh yeah, Total is a French company that is drilling in the Eagle Ford Shale.