Over seven months ago, on January 23rd, 100 to 200 gallons of methanol was spilled at a compressor station owned by MarkWest Liberty Midstream LLC. Test wells showed the aquifer was contaminated with methanol and one well showed contamination over the safe limits. Yet, no one knew anything about it until a legal notice appeared in the paper on August 26th.
On August 23rd, Chris and Steph Hallowich, who lived next to the spill area, signed a settlement with MarkWest. Does that timing of all that sound fishy to you?
I wonder if the Hallowich family knew anything about the spill. I guess we will never know because, you might remember, they had to sign a gag order so they could get their children out of harms way. We won’t know unless the judge rules in favor of the Post Gazette and unseals the documents. But you can bet the Big Gas Mafia will never let that happen so I’m thinking we need Steph Hallowich to appear before Congress.