NONE of this gas drilling stuff is breaking news! Where the heck have you been since 2006 when the Denton Record Chronicle first warned us about the fugitive emissions? Seriously! Please give me the GPS coordinants for the rock-of-oblivion under which you’ve been hiding. I would like to crawl under there for just a little while.
It’s not like these issues have been under reported.
The dirty, backdoor dealings in Argyle…thoroughly chronicled in the DRC and on my blog.
The dirty, underhanded shenanigans and trickery of Williams or Chesapeake or ______(fill in the blank)… use the search box because it’s already been reported.
The serious conflicts of interests that plagues most all the Town Councils and Mayors except for DISH…yep, it’s all been reported or soon will be,
EVERYTHING you need to know about gas drilling has been reported in the Denton Record Chronicle FOR YEARS or on my blog FOR YEARS or the Ft Worth Weekly or the Star-Telegram. EVERYTHING you need to know has already been reported.
There may be a few new things to learn along the way, a new chemical that comes from methane changing in the atmosphere, or the exact pathway fracking chemicals take to poison our water, but the basic information has already been reported.
Here is the bottom line–just the facts:
- Emission happen no matter if it’s dry or wet gas.
- The emissions are really toxic compounds.
- These toxic compounds effect our air quality and make us sick.
- Drill for gas, contaminate water.
- The water use is not sustainable.
- Texas has NO regulation specific to hydraulic fracturing.
- Texas has the mose drilling and the least regulation.
- It’s noisy, it’s smelly and it’s dirty.
- They can do better but they won’t unless they are forced.
- If your mayor and council members try way to hard to make it all okay, they probably have mineral leases/conflicts
- If one of your neighbors suddenly takes a keen interest in getting you to sign a lease, he is getting a 2% override (or a cut of your mineral interest) on everyone he gets to sign.
Reality check: NONE of the operators care anything about being your “good neighbor”. The only reason they want in your neighborhood is to make money. As successful business people, they understand the best way to make money is to keep overhead low. That means they won’t do one single thing they don’t have to do.
It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his job depends on not understanding it.
Read the damn paper, will ya?
About Sharon Wilson
Sharon Wilson is considered a leading citizen expert on the impacts of shale oil and gas extraction. She is the go-to person whether it’s top EPA officials from D.C., national and international news networks, or residents facing the shock of eminent domain and the devastating environmental effects of natural gas development in their backyards.
- Web |
- More Posts(5117)