Megan Collins is the young woman who lived in DISH, Texas and suffered neurological damage from the toxins. Her story is online at the new Texas OGAP website. She moved to Fort Worth 6 months ago and found her health improved until recently when a well down the street started to emit some familiar smells. Now Chesapeake is flaring a well very near her new home.
There is absolutely no reason for Chesapeake or any company to flare a Barnett Shale well. They only do it because they can and no one stops them. Other producers are more responsible and better neighbors. They know that flaring emits dangerous toxins that harm human health so they don’t flare.
About Sharon Wilson
Sharon Wilson is considered a leading citizen expert on the impacts of shale oil and gas extraction. She is the go-to person whether it’s top EPA officials from D.C., national and international news networks, or residents facing the shock of eminent domain and the devastating environmental effects of natural gas development in their backyards.
- Web |
- More Posts(5117)