Drilling related traffic fatalities are mounting:
A woman in Cleburne was killed when pipe fell off a truck onto her vehicle. The company involved, Pioneer Drilling Company, hid the driver’s extremely poor driving record.
A Barnett Shale earthquake did damage estimated at $100,000 to the Scouting Museum.
As mentioned previously: Who pays for all the destruction left in the wake of natural gas production?
- Air Pollution – Drilling emissions are part of the reason North Texas is on the non-attainment list.
- Water Depletion – other businesses and citizens are restricted in water usage during the summer but not Big Gas.
- Water Pollution – We already have a plume of toluene in the Trinity Aquifer. No telling what the cost will be to clean up all the pit pollution
- Soil pollution – Who will pay for the clean-up when Big Gas moves out?
- Property devaluation
- Damage from drilling induced earthquakes
- and etc.
The list of costs to communities and citizens is growing. I wonder what the net loss is.