Merry Christmas my ass!
From the Dallas Morning News
Texas – at or near the bottom:
- A child is born into poverty every 7 minutes.
- Has the highest rate of people living in poverty.
- A child is abused or neglected every 10 minutes.
- Texas ranks 50th for the highest teen birth rate.
- Texas leads the country in executions since the death penalty was reinstated in 1976
- 80-90% of the homeless population living on the streets are affected by mental illness. One in four is a veteran.
- Texas ranks 50th in the nation for the most people without medical insurance.
- Texas has the second highest rate of incarceration.
- Texas has the second highest income gap between rich and poor.
- Texas is the first in the nation for cancerous emissions into the air and toxic chemicals released into water.
- Texas is home to three of the poorest counties in the nation.
- Texas is home to three of the most polluted cities in the U.S.
- PortArthur, Beaumont and Orange have the highest rate of cancer incident and death in the state. (hydrocarbon toxins and emissions)
- 5.6 million do not have health insurance.
- Texas has the highest teen birth rate and the most repeat teen births in the nation. (Texas requires middle schools to teach abstinence as the only method that is 100% effective in preventing pregnancy.)
PLEASE watch these videos and look at the images! We MUST do better! This is clear proof of the ruination that is the Republican party.
Since 1994, all statewide office holders in Texas have been Republican. ENOUGH!