Can this be real? I have a flyer for Earth Day Texas 2015 and it lists the following speakers:
- Dan Patrick, Texas Lt. Governor-Elect – Patrick characterized the “debate” over climate change as being more or less tied between those who believe in man-made climate change and those who don’t (instead of the more than 97% of scientists who believe it is happening). “But you know, if you want a tiebreaker,” he said, “if Al Gore thinks it’s right, you know it’s wrong.” SOURCE
- Ken Paxton, Texas Attorney General-Elect – This candidate has not given us their official stance yet but voting records from OpenCongress.org show that politicians vote along party lines over 93% of the time. Based on this candidate’s party affiliation, they would most likely choose this answer based on the following stance from the Republican Party:
“Fewer Republicans today say the effects of global warming have already begun (47% 2006, 35% today) or that global warming poses a serious threat to California (57% 2006, 48% today).” SOURCE
- Joe Quinlan, Managing Director and Chief Market Strategist, U.S. Trust – Joseph Quinlan said that TTIP “is the deepest more ambitious, trade agreement that we have ever seen”. SOURCE
- Bjorn Lomborg, Author of “The Skeptical Environmentalist” – He is best known as the author of The Skeptical Environmentalist and Cool It, two books downplaying the risks of global warming. SOURCE. UPDATE: This guy is way worse than I thought! Bjorn Lomborg Think Tank Funder Revealed As Billionaire Republican ‘Vulture Capitalist’ Paul Singer
- Ryan Sitton, Texas Railroad Commissioner – Texas has the know-how to regulate its oil and gas industry, he says, and he plans to push back against the Environmental Protection Agency, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration and other federal regulators that, he says, might intrude on the state’s production. SOURCE
- Dallas City Leaders – I don’t know who this might be but, when I shared the flyer with a friend, here is the suggestion I received: Steve Everley will be in hog heaven if that’s the lineup. They should invite Ross Perot and Hunt Oil, put a big rig up in the center of the festivities, and have The FrackMaster on top of it drinking FRAC water.
With Dallas now in ‘SEVERE’ non-attainment for ozone, we need an Earth Day Texas 2015 that is truly about the Earth and clean air and a healthy environment.
The Dallas-Fort Worth area is now in “severe” nonattainment with the 1997 national ozone standard, U.S. EPA said in a proposal today. E&E News Amanda Peterka, Published: Tuesday, February 10, 2015
I think this “Screw Earth Day Texas” must be a cruel joke. I hope the real Earth Day will soon appear because this joke is killing me.
Update: I changed it to Earth Day Texas 2015 because that’s the name. It’s just held in Dallas.