Lon Burnam filed six bills to help victims of the shale:
- HB 1533 requires the Texas Railroad Commission to notify certain elected officials upon receipt of gas drilling permit applications in Tarrant County
- HB 1534 requires natural gas production and pipeline companies to disclose property appraisal, damage estimate, and other relevant appraisals in condemnation procedures.
- HB 1535 lays out a new process for pipeline companies to apply for and receive a permit from the Texas Railroad Commission before condemning property for pipeline construction.
- HB 1536 repeals eminent domain authority for subsidiary pipeline companies in the construction of gathering and transmission lines in Tarrant County
- HB 1537creates a new series of rules including setback requirements for gathering and transmission lines in Tarrant County
- HB 1538 authorizes Tarrant County and municipalities in the county to regulate pipeline safety.
- S.B. 752 Gives More Local Control over Drilling Waste Disposal/Injection Wells. it requires injection well operators who dispose of oil and gas waste to use deep formations.
- S.B. 902 requires operators to use “green completions” to reduce the amount of air pollution — mostly methane — that is released before wells are hooked up to a pipeline.
- S.B. 686 requires the TXDOT to allow gas gathering lines in state highway rights-of-way